We've been pretty busy, enjoying and living life, and I just haven't made time to write. So, here are a few quick thoughts for now:
1. I've got two out of three kids who are playing with Legos and singing Mulan's "A Girl Worth Fighting For" at the top of their lungs, with dramatic vibrato. I love having them home so they can have these moments.
2. Disemboweled Gourds, Costumes, and Candy Day is two days away. I've got the candy but we're still working on costumes, and our gourds are woefully intact. Tomorrow. We'll work on it all tomorrow.
3. Three dentist appointments and four optometrist appointments in four business days means not much school gets done.
4. Mastermind Toys offers a teacher discount. They do not include Home Educators on that discount. And now I know.
5. It's always good to have extended family around, even if you only get bits and pieces of them. (My parents are trying to buy a new-to-them car, so they have been car shopping these last few days while staying here.)
6. I am continually reminded to be in prayer for marriages around the world. Life works so much better when we stick to God's plan for our lives.
7. My youngest loves singing "Roarin'... Roarin'... Roarin' like a lion" over and over. I just love that he's actually enjoying singing anything.
8. My youngest is on page 126 of a 497 page book. Most of the time, it's nearly impossible to get him to read. But, in the last week, he has read 1/4 of Eragon, by Christopher Paolini. I thank my nephew for introducing our family to this book, and another nephew for letting us borrow the movie. It's exciting to see my seven (nearly eight) year old enjoying such a book.
9. The history and science books will not read themselves. So, I'm off to read with the kids.