Friday, January 31, 2014

Three things that made me smile today

Because yesterday was NOT the norm...

Because I want to remember these times of sweetness from my youngest...

Because it will remind me later that we say and teach really does make a difference...


Three things that made me smile today:

1. Hearing my boy say that for every dish he put in the dishwasher, he thanked God for something.

2. Having to tell that same boy (twice) to stop typing his story because it was time for lunch.

3. Listening to that same impetuous, bouncing-off-the-wall eight-year-old boy tell me that he wondered something a while back and then heard his question answered in Grandpa's sermon, without ever having told anyone the question.

2 comments:

  1. I love #3 - shows he was listening. Sometimes you wonder if they're really hearing anything at church and then they say something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It warms my heart to know he was really listening. :-)

      Delete