Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Free handwriting worksheets

I want to share something that's been an incredibly useful tool for my family over the last couple months. My friend told me about this many months ago and I just started it in January, but I've already seen improvement from it.

It's a free handwriting worksheet generator.

You do need to sign up for an account, but it's free and you can unsubscribe from the email newsletter if there's no option to opt out.

Anyway, I love this tool!  I usually choose words that we've been discussing as topics for the week, vocabulary words from books we're reading, definitions of those vocabulary words, and words that the children have struggled to spell properly.  Today, I made the sheet with words from The Hobbit, the definitions of those words, and the Olympics.

I've seen huge improvement in my youngest's printing.  He is learning to make his letters smaller and keep them within the proper lines.  My oldest is loving the cursive handwriting pages that I make for him.  I love that it's totally free and take about 2 minutes to prepare.  And I can customize it based on what we've been learning.

2 comments:

  1. With all the discussions going on recently (in Facebook & on the television news), it is refreshing to see that people teaching their children using homeschooling are teaching their young ones to not only print, but to use cursive writing as well. Bravo to you & the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they need to be able to read those birthday cards from their aunts and grandparents. And eventually, they'll need to sign their name. "X" won't do when they're getting a driver's license.

      Delete