Friday, January 11, 2013

Home, School

There are two kinds of people.  Mac-lovers and homeschoolers.

When I'm trying to figure out a PC software issue and I solicit help from my Facebook friends, I will, inevitably get two or three "Get a Mac" comments.  That doesn't solve my problem!

When my children's school board is going through the aches and pains of union decisions to strike and/or hold political protest...

When school is canceled and then, at 7:30, our bus driver neighbour tells us that school is actually on because the political protest/walk-out was deemed to be illegal...

When we get fed up with the way our children's education is being handled...

My homeschooler friends don't speak, let alone repeat, "Thats why we homeschool."  They are so respectful of my choices, no matter how purposeful they think I am about them.

I don't think we'll ever make the decision to homeschool, although I've read up on it and understand others' reasons pretty well at this point.  Homeschoolers rock.  *That's all there is to it.
And we'll try to rock as much as they do outside of school hours.

If you want to see what my homeschooling friends are doing right now, head over to Europe where they're visiting family for five weeks and checking out all the historic ruins.  Now that's a field trip!

*I may have more to say later about homeschooling.  I may not.  It's a subject that interests me, for many reasons.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you, Wanda! I am THANKFUL for our friendship every time I think of you! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete