Sunday, January 5, 2014

I have confidence!

Moments ago, my girl was crying, between frantic gasps, explaining that her egg was ruined because it was "shrinkng" as she tried to see if it was ready to turn. It was just getting smooshed.

Now about ten minutes later, she just offered to make eggs for her brothers, confidently telling them that they'll be runny eggs because that's how she likes them. 

It's amazing what a difference success gives a child, especially when they were so certain of failure. 

I'm proud of my girl for persevering. And now I think I need to have her make me an egg...

2 comments:

  1. Persevering is a wonderful trait. I'm glad she has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, for loving her enough to let her know that our eggs aren't always going to come out perfect -- but that is okay -- because that's the way we like them!!

    ReplyDelete