Monday, March 28, 2011

Finding blessing in the "No"

Every time the phone rings today, we all jump to see who it is.  At lunch it was my husband.  Then I got a beep on call waiting and I jumped over to see that it was my friend across town.  The adults in this house are all anxiously waiting for the phone call.

My sister and her family are still here.  They move out next weekend.  This will be good for all nine of us.  In the meantime, we are waiting to hear if my brother-in-law was the one out of three candidates that was chosen for the dream job.

I've been praying about this a lot over the weekend, but especially today.  As I walked home from school this afternoon, praying about it, I found myself telling God that He knew the good that this job would bring to my sis's family, and to please just let it happen.

And then I realized that God knows exactly what He's doing, and we don't need to be so selfish as to assume that the blessing in something is for us.  Who knows but that this job is going to be a lifesaver for someone else.  Maybe someone will even come to know Jesus because of this job.  Or maybe there's another job lined up for my brother-in law that will allow him to be a blessing to others.  We just can't know what God has in store.

Don't get me wrong...  I'm not giving up on the job yet.  We still have time before the end of the day to get that phone call.  (Those that are not chosen will not get a phone call, just a letter later in the week.)  And I'm still expectant that my brother-in-law will get this job.  But if he doesn't, I will know that someone else will receive a greater blessing because of it.

1 comment:

  1. Does Doug know that you refer to him as your bother-in-law? :) LOL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete